Idea Development in a Formal Essay
This course will help students master the different components of the persuasive essay, such as writing an engaging introduction, researching and developing supporting evidence, developing effective transitional sentences, and tying an essay together with a rich conclusion. Students will further practice how to cite their work, learn the different types of plagiarism, and understand how to avoid them. Students will practice these writing and researching skills.
This course will…..
- Understanding how to compose strong claims or thesis statements
- Understanding the purpose and structure of each essay component (thesis, introduction, supporting paragraphs, conclusion, etc.)
- Familiarity with effective research methods and proper citation techniques
- Understanding the structure of a five-paragraph essay
- A carefully cited 500-word five-paragraph persuasive essay
- 2-3 writing prompt responses based on the style of the AP exam
- Good preparation for standardized tests
- Satisfies criteria for Knovva Academic Standards, based on IB, PISA, Cambridge, and Common Core standards
- A Certificate of Completion from Knovva Academy and corresponding transcript
About the Instructor
Rachel L. respectively, graduates of the University of Texas at Austin and Harvard University. Before joining the faculty at Knovva Academy, Rachel worked in higher education as a program manager for blended learning programs at Harvard University. Also, worked as an instructor at the Harvard Center for Workforce Development.
This course includes:
- Format: Group class (5-7 students)
- Level 2
- Track: Persuasive Essay
- Key Deliverables: 1 essay and 2-3 writing prompts
- Standards: IB, PISA, Cambridge, and CCSS-ELA
- Certificate: Certificate of Completion and course transcript
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.