Stylization in Short Fiction & Poetry
This course will help students continue to explore advanced poetry and short stories styles, and analyze creative writing elements for understanding and application. Students will be introduced to different genres of fiction, and focus on descriptive writing, narration, and developing interesting, complex characters.
This course will…..
- Analyze the elements of different styles of global poetry
- Model an original short story and poem off of these styles
- Learn to critically and objectively write an analysis of their work
- Develop complex characters
- Become familiar with the most common fiction subgenres
- An original 250-500 word short story
- A poem or collection of poems of 200 words
- A 200-word analysis of their work
- Four literary reflections of poetry and short fiction
- Four fiction development plans
- Good preparation for standardized tests
- Satisfies criteria for Knovva Academic Standards, based on IB, PISA, Cambridge, and Common Core standards
- A Certificate of Completion from Knovva Academy and corresponding transcript
About the Instructor
Alex K. earned a Master’s in Education from the Harvard Graduate School of Education, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting with a minor in writing from Ithaca College.. Before joining the faculty at Knovva Academy, Alex worked as a writer, playwright, actor, and teacher, having taught playwriting, musical theatre performance, English, and science in New York City and elsewhere.
This course includes:
- Format: Group class (5-7 students)
- Level 2
- Track: Creative Writing
- Key Deliverables: 1 short story, 1 poem, 1 self-analysis, 4 literary reflections, 4 fiction development plans
- Standards: IB, PISA, Cambridge, and CCSS-ELA
- Certificate: Certificate of Completion and course transcript
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.