How to Conduct Research at the Professional level
This course will help students continue to build their expository writing skills by learning the different methods of research; creating thought-provoking, keyword-enhanced and researchable questions; and exploring the structure of a strong research essay.
This course will…..
- Develop a strong thesis, supporting paragraphs, and conclusion
- Develop strong ideas to support the essay
- Conduct and cite reliable research
- Guard against unintentional plagiarism
- Coherently assemble research into compelling body paragraphs
- A well-cited 300-word research essay
- 2-3 writing prompt responses to help build towards AP-level writing
- An understanding of the formats and purposes of citation
- A list of topics that can be used to write future essays
- Good preparation for standardized tests
- Satisfies criteria for Knovva Academic Standards, based on IB, PISA, Cambridge, and Common Core standards
- A Certificate of Completion from Knovva Academy and corresponding transcript
About the Instructor
Attended Northeastern University, going on to achieve a Master’s in Education, with a focus on human development and psychology, from the Harvard Graduate School of Education. She is currently a senior curriculum designer at Knovva Academy.
This course includes:
- Format: Group class (5-7 students)
- Level 2
- Track: Research Essay
- Key Deliverables: 1 essay, 2-3 writing prompts.
- Standards: IB, PISA, Cambridge, and CCSS-ELA
- Certificate: Certificate of Completion and course transcript
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.