How to Conduct Literary Analysis Like a Scholar
This course will help students achieve mastery of literary analysis and the development of well-structured short fiction and poetry to AP standards. We’ll delve into advanced writing techniques in characterization, pacing, and dialogue, as well as pursue in-depth analysis of advanced poems. By the end of the course, students will have perfected their pieces of writing through workshop sessions with peers, and application of revisions based on feedback from their classmates and instructor.
This course will…..
- Put into practice the elements of different styles of global poetry and prose writing
- Model an original short story and poem off of these styles
- Learn to critically and objectively develop an analysis of their work
- Become receptive to readers’ constructive criticism and incorporate it into their work
- Give helpful, supportive feedback to classmates
- An original 500-750 word short story
- A poem or collection of poems of 250 words
- A 250-word analysis of their work
- Five literary reflections of poetry and short fiction
- Five fiction development plans
- Good preparation for standardized tests
- Satisfies criteria for Knovva Academic Standards, based on IB, PISA, Cambridge, and Common Core standards
- A Certificate of Completion from Knovva Academy and corresponding transcript
About the Instructor
Amanda has 17+ years of teaching experience in high school, and middle school in the top ranked public and private schools in the US and UK.
With a deep passion for English language art, writing, research, and public speaking, she prioritizes challenging yet fun writing experiences for students. Also helped many students with writing competition and AP level preparation.
Amanda received her BA in Secondary Education with a major in English from Central Michigan University and her MA in Education in Curriculum and Instruction from North Carolina, Charlotte.
This course includes:
- Format: Group class (5-7 students)
- Level 3
- Track: Creative writing
- Key Deliverables: 1 short story, 1 poem, 1 self-analysis, 5 literary reflections, 5 fiction development plans
- Certificate: A Certificate of Completion from Knovva Academy and corresponding transcript
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.