Initiation into the World of Powerful Creative Writing
This course will help students learn the art of compelling creative writing and fiction. Through lectures, group workshops, and one-on-one instructor sessions, students will explore the different types of creative writing, including poetry and short stories, and explore different forms of each.
This course will…..
- Read and analyze several short stories and poems
- Familiarization with each medium as readers, and writers
- Identify literary elements that they will be able to use in their own creative writing
- An original 250-word short story
- A poem or collection of poems of 150 words
- A 150-word analysis of their work
- Three literary reflections of poetry and short fiction
- Three fiction development plans
- Good preparation for standardized tests
- Satisfies criteria for Knovva Academic Standards, based on IB, PISA, Cambridge, and Common Core standards
- A Certificate of Completion from Knovva Academy and corresponding transcript
About the Instructor
Alex K. earned a Master’s in Education from the Harvard Graduate School of Education, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting with a minor in writing from Ithaca College.. Before joining the faculty at Knovva Academy, Alex worked as a writer, playwright, actor, and teacher, having taught playwriting, musical theatre performance, English, and science in New York City and elsewhere.
This course includes:
- Format: Group class (5-7 students)
- Level 1
- Track: Creative writing
- Key Deliverables: 1 essay
- Standards: IB, PISA, Cambridge, and CCSS-ELA
- Certificate: Certificate of Completion and course transcript
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.